Greed Rots the noble

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to making decisions, prioritize the community, not the wallet. Taking one look at the Towny crate key page paints a "great" picture. https://store.noblerealms.com/category/towny-crate-keys.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Greed has repercussions... it doesn't look attractive and most will just leave without caring to give any feedback.

So, maybe remove packages over a $100, increase your drop rates of better items from keys and start looking at decision making with some applied ethics. As it is, selling these packages is riding the legal line of Minecraft's TOS. Ask yourself... are people buying to get stuff or donating to support the server? what are there real motivations?

This server used to be proud in the fact that it was a family and kid safe place to play. I was proud to donate monthly and didn't care about the return. But these kinda of pay to win mechanics are not safe or fun and are hard for me to promote as a player.

As far as I know, they've always had keys here for the same stuff just re-skinned. Most of what's in crates is cosmetic.
Minecraft doesn't care about these crate keys. And nobody is forced to buy them to get the stuff. Game is easily just as playable without hats. Literally all servers have some level of pay to win with them. The only way they wouldn't, is if absolutely nothing was given for donating.

Status
Not open for further replies.